View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #45
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Are we pinning thousands of weird and gross sibling fan fictions on Mark Millar now? At least he never came right out and described it, unlike however many creepy fans.

Also Loeb's deal was everyone went cannibal iirc, rather than incestuous.
I distinctly recall seeing Wanda & Pietro sneaking off to screw in some bushes, much to Wolverine's disgust. It was in silhouette but it happened on the page and other characters talked about it. (I won't even post a link here.) You can scorn fan fiction all you want, but Marvel allowed that to happen in canon in one of its universes and it's something that's not going to just disappear from the record.

The incest will surely be discovered and discussed by the press as the film nears, just as a couple of reporters asked Whedon whether Hulk would be a cannibal before TA came out. It wouldn't surprise me if some "fan" brings it up at ComicCon. I'm not one for censorship, but I really believe that Disney should exercise greater creative control of the comics arm of the business to prevent objectionable stuff like Millar's "twincest" fantasies from making it into print.