View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #931
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Default Re: "Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
For the most part, I agree with you....but for a franchise to make a decision like this that as we have seen has ticked off a good majority of those fans you speak of, in my opinion is not very smart since it is those fans that talk the most on ther internet today, give the most feedback, go to multiple showings which today is a good way for these franchises to make their money, and they buy the merchandise that goes along with this brand. So to even come close to nullifying this part of the movie going audience, IMO is a pretty stupid move on the part of Fox. Especially since that portion of the moviegoing audience is still pissed from the first 2 tries for the most part.
Again. Most of these fans, like it or not, will still be in line if it looks amazing and gets good reviews. Fanboys are no where near the majority to make or break a film. How many Scott Pilgrims or Judge Dredds do we have to have before we get over ourselves a little?

Plus, in the era where a multi-ethnic series like Fast and the Furious is pulling down 200 million plus. I don't see why letting some black 6 year-old is kid maybe have a black Johnny Storm toy to play with is going to ruin the world of a 30 year old grown men.