View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #720
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Unintentionally Funny Moments in The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassinby View Post
-Anne Hathaway is cool and awesome in exactly three scenes she’s in: the opening “reveal”, the bar scene and when she threatens Dagget. The rest of her performance (save for a few short moments) is full of weird line deliveries and strangely wooden acting – like the part where she goes “for something that doesn’t even *exist*” and then turns away like Hayden Christensen in his infamous “and I know I shouldn’t” line, or when she channels the orphanage guy in her next scene as she states that “it. doesn’t. exist.”; the weird, phony beat before she suggests Bats to “come with her”, and the incredibly cheesy “you know, that no guns thing… (out of breath after a hasty motorcycle ride) … I’m not sure I feel as strongly about it as you do” one-liner towards the end.
Also, is she kind of doing a Tommy Wiseau thing there? “You don’t count too good, huuh”, anyone? “The rich don’t even get broke like the rest of us haaah!”?
Of which the first sounds awesome, but the second strangely flat and phoned in.
In conclusion, her performance ranges from “slick badass femme fatale Catwoman” to something comparable to Wonder Woman in that awful TV pilot – in other words someone trying to do the “slick badass femme fatale” schtick but being way too corny at it.

I've been waiting for an excuse to post this. Your post will have to do.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote