Thread: New Mutants
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #80
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: New Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
As others have already pointed out, it was Cyclops shown first in the animated series. But your logic is still flawed. Just because Wolverine had his own comic doesn't mean he had to dominate all the films at the expense of everyone else.

And you need to ask why the X-Men films are more popular than the Wolverine films. The answer is that people are fed up with Wolverine dominating everything and they like to see other characters and hear about their stories and see their powers. It didn't matter that Origins was a prequel - it wasn't a good enough film at the end of the day and that's why it didn't do as well (look at the reviews on RT). Jackman and the studio thought anything they did with Jackman's Wolverine would be a massive success - and they were wrong.
I'm not talking about Wolverine's domination in the films, so I don't know why you are bringing it up here. And as I already said here before, Wolverine and the X-Men sells more than Wolverine by just himself. Did I say The Wolverine is gonna outgross the original trilogy? No I didn't. Did I say another Wolverine movie would be a good, no I didn't.

And like I said before, It was a wrong move for FOX to make X3 look like it was the last X-Men movie and release prequels movies after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It's time to give some character development to others - and to bring in some new characters.
And they could do that in X-Men 5 if they try to change the focus, focus on the team, bring new faces, bring new villains and not include Professor X and Magneto in the movie. I already said that a couple of times.

Most of you think its only possible if they release another spin-off or prequel.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote