View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: 20thCenturyFox's Future Spin-offs and Solo Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Release all those solo movies and expect this movie series to oversaturate and bomb at the box-office.

No more spin-offs. please.
If they want to expand the universe they have no choice BUT to do solo movies or other team movies.

You keep getting stuck on the fact that if a movis isn't as big as the past movies or on par with Days of Future Past that it's a flop when that's not how things work. Look at Marvel - Thor and Captain America's solo movies didn't perform as well as Iron Man or Iron Man 2 yet they were still successful and they are pushing forward with MORE spin-off and solo movies in the future.

If Fox went wants to start competing with that they are going to HAVE to expand the X-Men universe outside of the main team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Deadpool- If they stick to the script this will be a great and very different take on comic films. The film will have a strong following regardless due to the humor, style in jokes and graphic violence. Not really anything like it out there.

Gambit- A film about the Thieves guild could be cool and give a different feel to the X movies. Hire a writer who knows about heist flicks and they could probably come up with some fun stuff. Maybe have him meet or join the X-Men at the end.

X-Force or Uncanny X-Force- A Cable or Wolverine lead team would be awesome depending were the franchise is post DOFP. I feel the Uncanny X-Force line up would get the most attention due to it's roster and being the best reviewed modern X-Story, but I would like to see Cable's crew as well.

FC follow up- I don't think a Cyclops solo is really required since essentially he's always with the main X-men team and is their leader. He should be leading the team no matter what by the next film. But I would really like to see his origins with Jean and his family explored in a First Class follow up with Sinister as the Villain as well. The 80s FC team can have a strong line up and the decade should be alot of fun.
Love these ideas, especially Gambit. His solo comic run was fantastic! I would also add:

X-Corp: Would really be great to see this one since is more focused on mediating the connections and relationships worldwide between mutants and humans. Would almost be like a mutant-only version of SHIELD.

X-Factor Investigations: Another awesome idea, especially if they keep the focus small and sort of noir like that comics are. Would be a really unique idea I think personally.

Would also be cool to see solo movies or at least appearances from the Muir Island team and Genosha.

There are tons of opportunities to expand the universe.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote