View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #256
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I know that many fans don't like SR, and many will like MOS, still, SR was a good movie.

Now, Zack Snyder is great at creating visually good looking scenes, still many scenes from SR looked good, I think that there are some shots in MOS that may remind some fans of SR. Visually similar looking scenes (even though in some cases, the context will be different.)
I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing. Specially about the Christ-like pose, which was enough in SR to make a number of fans yell: "SupermanisnotJesuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobie View Post
My problem with SR is that to me it has 3 clashing feels. Magical and romantic like the 1930s cartoon, (ie, the parts in the daily planet, the art deco look, mythical/bible-story-like scenes with Superman stopping the plane and island). gritty and realistic like Nolan (having a thug willing to kill lois with a rock, the relationship plot, general darkness of atmosphere, war on tv) and camp and Dean Cain tv show like, such as Luthor with his moll cheating old ladies etc. Sticking with one of those visions would have made a good film, but they didn't mix well.
While I totally agree with you here, the same can be said for STM and SII. Specially the first movie which had different tones all over.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote