View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Do you think a MCU approach to the X-Men film series would be a good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think what Fox should do is go back to making films with the original cast. I feel like with Days of Future Past, they could make it look like its the long awaited X-Men 4. And after that, at least release two more films with them and maybe the X-Men will have the same success that is Fast/Furious is getting right now and earning more than $500 million worldwide per film.

With spin-offs, I just feel like the mainstream audience don't have enough interest with them. Look at how quiet the buzz is for The Wolverine and how big the buzz is for Days of Future Past and its not even out until next year.
No other X-character has been *offered* a spinoff, so it's impossible to tell how much interest there would be. Magneto was in development for awhile, and there *was* buzz surrounding that; and there's still buzz around a Deadpool movie that's still lost in development hell.

I think XMOW was such a cluster**** that it's killed most of the potential buzz for The Wolverine; and The Wolverine appears to general audiences to be almost reboot-ish, like it's trying to make amends for Origins. Has the same kind of vibe as TIH in the wake of Ang Lee's Hulk, but without a recast of the lead.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote