Thread: New Mutants
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #95
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: New Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
MCU is not similar to X-Men. Just because X-Men's universe is as big as MCU, it doesn't mean they carry as many films as MCU.

You haven't been reading some of the posts in this thread, so I will say it again. At least the Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Inhumans can be seen in a different category even if they appear in The Avengers, they wouldn't fall under the category of Iron Man films, the category of Captain America films, the category of Thor films. But Deadpool, Wolverine, First Class, New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Force all falls under the X-Men category and thats why it would have an effect to the future X-Men movie releases if they don't perform well at the box-office. And knowing FOX, they would certainly let the viewers know that they are spin-off movies from the original X-Men series. With MCU, even Guardians of the Galaxy and their movies bombed at the box-office, it wouldn't have an effect on future Iron Man/Avengers movies.
Contrary to what you believe, I have been reading your posts.

And I can see why you would want to continue the series with the most popular characters. But the problem with bringing back all the OT cast all the time is that there isn't going to much room for new characters, and there definitely isn't going to be room for including Deadpool (who just doesn't belong in a regular X-Men movie) or X-Force. To add new characters and new actors, Fox will have to sacrifice some of the existing characters and actors or we will get an overcrowded mess like X3. Even DoFP looks like it has too many characters to develop properly.

Quote:
And I bet, if Marvel Studios has the movie rights for the X-Men/Fantastic Four, they would just focus on releasing films with the team like X1, X2, X3, FF1, FF2, FF3 and once in 3 to 2 years, they would appear in The Avengers and have small cameos in the other film. But I doubt they will release a lot of spin-offs like FOX already did with the X-Men series.
Yes, that's probably what Marvel Studios would do because they already have a whole load of other comic book movies like Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange. And they only make a maximum of two movies a year anyway.

But Fox does need to expand the X-Men's world. Fans are now expecting Shi'ar/Starjammers/Imperial Guard, Savage Land, Apocalypse, Sinister, Omega Red, Alpha Flight.