View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #111
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That's only because he has been shoved down their throats by dominating the movies. I doubt most of the general audience knew who he was before the movies.

Isn't it time to give some character development to some of the others, so the audience can love them too? And what about some new characters for when Hugh and Halle have given up and don't want to return?

And I don't think that love for Wolverine is as great as you think. Origins didn't beat X2 or X3 at the box office and there is hardly any buzz for The Wolverine.

Face it: Wolverine's story is played out and so is that silly 'romance' with Jean Grey because it never was a romance anyway, just a studio's forced attempt to give him a love interest by taking one that belongs to another character.
And First Class was the biggest hit because...oh, wait.

I completely agree that it's time to give the other characters more prominence, and that Jean-romance nonsense is silly.

But audiences like the guy. And I'm not talking about my own obvious drooling. I saw First Class twice, and his cameo got the biggest cheer from the audience. Even with X3 and Origins being what they were, the audiences I saw those movies with ate up everything he did.

The Wolverine buzz is quiet right now, but it will make its money.

And I love Wolverine (the character, not just the guy who plays him). I know I'm not the only one who's not tired of him yet, even if I think the other characters should be getting their screentime in too.