View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #112
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
And First Class was the biggest hit because...oh, wait.
Hehe... well, the lack of ALL the popular characters might have been a reason for that.

Quote:
I completely agree that it's time to give the other characters more prominence, and that Jean-romance nonsense is silly.
The romance served its purpose, I feel. The 'doomed love' thing was fine for storytelling purposes in the original trilogy, though that aspect leaves a more bitter taste in X3 because Cyclops wasn't around. I can also see why they might want to resurrect it for The Wolverine but, honestly, it's coming to the point where enough is enough.

Quote:
But audiences like the guy. And I'm not talking about my own obvious drooling. I saw First Class twice, and his cameo got the biggest cheer from the audience. Even with X3 and Origins being what they were, the audiences I saw those movies with ate up everything he did.
Yes indeed. Jackman is likable enough (though he doesn't have the charisma and wit of Downey Jr and he comes across as a bit measured in interviews).

Quote:
The Wolverine buzz is quiet right now, but it will make its money.
I'm sure it will.

Quote:
And I love Wolverine (the character, not just the guy who plays him). I know I'm not the only one who's not tired of him yet, even if I think the other characters should be getting their screentime in too.
Other characters should definitely be getting more development.

Regarding DoFP, we already know Wolverine was around in the 70s anyway, so the setting of DoFP is not a culture shock to him at all if he is the time traveller. But for some of the others, it would be a much more surprising experience that would give us some interesting characterisation.

We just need a better spread of screentime and/or character development, so we find out why the other characters are there.