Thread: New Mutants
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #100
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: New Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
And I can see why you would want to continue the series with the most popular characters. But the problem with bringing back all the OT cast all the time is that there isn't going to much room for new characters, and there definitely isn't going to be room for including Deadpool (who just doesn't belong in a regular X-Men movie) or X-Force. To add new characters and new actors, Fox will have to sacrifice some of the existing characters and actors or we will get an overcrowded mess like X3. Even DoFP looks like it has too many characters to develop properly.

Yes, that's probably what Marvel Studios would do because they already have a whole load of other comic book movies like Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange. And they only make a maximum of two movies a year anyway.

But Fox does need to expand the X-Men's world. Fans are now expecting Shi'ar/Starjammers/Imperial Guard, Savage Land, Apocalypse, Sinister, Omega Red, Alpha Flight.
If they really added Bishop, Warpath and Blink to the modern-day X-Men in DOFP, then there's definitely room for new characters. And of course some characters will have to go as each movies passes by, thats why I said Professor X and Magneto shouldn't appear in the next movie, so they could focus on the team, possibly add new members and introduce new villains. Thats a lesser risk than making a movie for an all new team with B-list characters. I'm not like Angamb who thinks every character or every X-Men that appeared in the previous movies needs to be in the movie.

And if Marvel has the rights for Deadpool and X-Force, I think they would find a way to make them appear in a X-Men movie and they wouldn't even need to release a solo movie for them. Look at what they did for Nick Fury, Black Widow and Falcon.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote