View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #616
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Well Singer had no problem sidelining Rogue in X2. Which was a shame because the Rogue/Wolverine relationship was one of my favourite things in X1. I guess since they decided to make Jean the Woman in Logan's Life (TM) Rogue wasn't given the same importance in the movies after X1.

And True Blood is popular, yes, but more in a niche cultish kind of way, it's no Friends or anything. You can't even see it on free TV where I live.
Agreed. In X2, I feel Singer wasn't afraid to not only sideline Anna but everyone else as well in favor of Logan. He really did go overboard there. Logan was the only character who had a character arc that tied into the main plot. Everyone else (except maybe Magneto and Jean slightly less so) had only small character beats and/or were used as plot devices.

Bryan really doesn't have a problem focusing on specific characters. HOWEVER, there's this huge optimism in my heart (haha) that tells me he's going to do it differently this time. PLEASE!!!!!

As for True Blood, having a huge TV following is most often meaningless on the big screen. It takes repeat success in the movie world to become a factor.