View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #438
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Chiwetel was so good as THE OPERATIVE and was even more physical in RED BELT that to me there is almost no other choice. But how far off is a BP film realistically? Would anybody be willing to see a non origin BP film where he is established as King and we never really get into his formative years or the circumstances of how he ascends to the Wakandan throne? Cuz Chiwetel will be getting on in years by the time all of Marvel's ducks would be in a row I think.
Full disclosure, I am not convinced that we are ever getting a Black Panther solo film. I hope I am wrong, because I want one, and I wholeheartedly believe it could work. I'm just not sure that Marvel/Disney believes that. I am more confident that T'Challa will appear in another MCU film, most likely Avengers 3...maybe Avengers 2, if the reports of them scouting locations in South Africa are true. Therefore, Chiwetel Ejiofor stepping into the role works just fine for my scenario, as I assume he would appear as a fully developed King T'Challa.

But, if I am wrong (again, I hope I am), and Marvel does greenlight a Black Panther film, I don't need the origin story, personally. However, I'm sure that is the preferred route for most. In that case, they could use a different actor to portray the younger T'Challa, and Ejiofor to play the fully developed king/warrior. Or, perhaps they can de-age him digitally.