View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #116
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I just want to see the reboot taken seriously, stay dark and attract quality filmmakers and actors to the films. Something Nolan has done for Batman. You can say the first Batman had that, since Burton was so fresh and artistic at the time. Chris returned to that and added onto it for a modern generation.

Of course the reboot will return to a more stylized, fantastical style for Batman, but I think Nolan's movies will influence the next guy/s to maintain that serious tone. Where the psychology is explored, and it's "cool" to be a Batman fan. Something general audiences didn't seem to get from the early 90's to the mid 2000's. Even though the comics and animated series were kicking ass.

I have no problem with Batman in a number 2 spot right behind Superman. Hopefully these Man Of Steel movies are successful so we can see Supes & Bats at the very top of the food chain, together. It's never happened in live-action film before. When Batman 89 was out, the Superman movies were passť and looked at as corny. When TDKT had its time, Superman Returns was boring the entire planet. It would be AWESOME to see MOS movies doing huge where Supes is cool everywhere & a new Batman is kicking ass. In the video games too.