View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #98
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Can someone explain to me what it is that's so great about Brainiac?

Everyone seems to love him and wants him on the big screen, but why? What would be the amazing storyline with Brainiac as the main villain?

I mean, he's AI. He doesn't have a 'personality', or any quality I've ever particularly found enjoyable in stories.

Yes, he's a formidable opponent and could have an 'army'. But personally I just find him kind of boring

Maybe I just haven't read/seen the best stories. I dunno.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That is why Brainiac would be cool. However as I said before he would be better for a Justice League of America movie.

For Man of Steel 2 I'd vote for Lex Luthor, maybe even have Metallo as a bodyguard/hired gun. Here's an interesting thought/pitch for Lex Luthor which could further expand the DC Cinematic Universe:

Lex Luthor in the movie would be playing the part of the ambitious and corrupt Business man/CEO/Aspiring Politician. He's basically a combination of Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
and
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

and DCAU's/animated series Lex

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
and
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

In secret he has a hired gun/bodyguard named John Corben aka Metallo, he'd essentially be the fist and guns for Luthor while he's the brains. Now here's where it gets interesting, in order to gain a stronger foothold in the criminal underworld, he uses Intergang who are all on Lex's payroll to orchestrate further hits and perform heists on certain organisations like Waynetech in order to further his own agendas(I'll leave that to Snyder/Goyer to decide).

I figured that if they want to do Darkseid/Apokolips somewhere down the line, Intergang might be able to provide that start.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote