View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #121
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

You know what I would love in the ultimate collection? This as a goodie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
The fact that Batman is enjoying a transient phase of popularity after the Nolan movies is meaningless to me. I have been a Batman fan since I was six, and I have never felt that I needed the validation of the faddish and half-baked enthusiasm of the masses. In a sense, the heightened popularity can be a negative thing, as it tends to lead to the product being directed at the lowest common denominator.

That may sound unduly negative, but it isn't meant to be. I am saying that Batman, Superman et al will continue to feature in great stories written by passionate people, regardless of the current whim of the 'general audience'.
I wouldn't say it's meaningless when I too have been a fan of Batman for a long, long time(harkens back to Batman '89 before I even touched a Batman comic), but the fact that Nolan's trilogy hit home to even the GA when the name of Batman had put a bad taste since Batman & Robin, I find it incredible that films raised up Batman's popularity claim outside of the CB community.