View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #792
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
IM3 didn't need to cater to the majority; it needed characters who were legitimately dangerous. I'm a fan of Black's intentions, but the execution was less then satisfactory.
Iron Man 3's villains were legitimately dangerous. Maybe you missed the part where they were shredding Tony's armor like tin foil, bringing down Air Force One, tossing armored heroes around like toys and spontaneously exploding like human time bombs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
What "price?" $1.2 billion, as one of the biggest blockbuster films of all time?
I can see the point Adamantium Man was making, but you're absolutely right. The only price Iron Man 3 has paid is being subjected to relentless attacks from a minority of fans online. The vast majority of people whom saw it loved it, going by its audience score on RT/Flixter as well as its box office gross. For a time folks in these parts were eager to point to IM3's 78% RT critics' score as some sort of proof of its supposed low quality and poor WOM, but I think recent events have put paid to that line of attack.