View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #272
Heretic
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
I said the film made a clear point that he will become an ideal for others and you said it already happened because he lived with the Kent's for 33 years and now your saying the Kents aren't the moral compass you originally stated.

And this Superman is not using brute strength to be a symbol of hope. You want that you get Iron Man who deliberately told a he would kill him. This Superman screamed in pain over the death of Zod some might say more powerful then when he screamed in pain at his father's death. You're making this Superman out to be a remorseless killer.

Zod's death is the backstory of his morality.
The Kents are the moral compass that raised the Man of Tomorrow. In this movie, we see a cheap bastardization of the Kents.

I don't know why Superman screamed out. It could have been for a variety of reasons. I believe that he screamed out because he had spent 20 years or more devoted to ONE goal...finding out about his homeland...and Zod's death was the death of his quest. That issue was ALL THROUGHOUT the movie, while "I would be sad if I kill someone" was never mentioned...so to me it makes sense in the context of the story that Clark cried out for selfish reasons, and we know nothing about whether or not he would kill again.