View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #286
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Zod and co. were actually arrested in Donner cut, so Superman didn't kill them...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
the thing is, the Man of Tomorrow angle doesn't hold up in this film. From what I remember in the comics, Krypton was a peaceful planet where killing was forbidden. That's part of the whole Man of Tomorrow mythology. Earth is supposed to use Superman's example of no death penalty tactics to eventually become more like Krypton. But by removing it from the film's mythology, it's a mute point.
If you look beyond that, Krypton is what Earth could be like in the future except for becoming so full of pride, they'd ignore the warnings of one their greatest scientists. Superman as the Man of Tomorrow shows this example and Earth becomes what you see in Legion times: like Krypton, but without the pride.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman