View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #292
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Oh I know the extent of it (environmental what-not) I was just specifically referring to the "no-kill" part of the mythology and how it doesn't apply to the Man of Tomorrow thing. There was a freaking civil war going on on Krypton and Jor didn't have a problem killing
Yeah, this Krypton was kinda weird to watch since they're generally depicted as a "shining" example of society in which their pride got the best of them. Though going off the prequel comic, I guess that's how Krypton was thousands of years ago and then their pride was around for just as long.

Them essentially being invaders (if they went to inhabited planets during that space age period thousands of years ago) was weird too.

And Jor-El being able to take on Zod and his men pretty well was weird too when you take into account that he was genetically engineered to be a scientist and Zod a warrior (maybe even Krypton's best).

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman