View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #299
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
First, no he didn't. Deleted scenes show them alive and in custody. The film as it was released communicated this very, VERY poorly. Not surprising, as that movie absolutely sucked as well, aside from Eurotrash Zod.

Superman has killed in the comics...he killed Zod AFTER taking away his powers forever. It was John Byrne (who I normally defend til the end) who wrote that. This was a MASSIVE mistake that DC regretted, and they spent a decade trying to atone for that mistake and showing how Superman regretted it, realized he was wrong and would not do it again.

I do not want a Man of Steel 2 that is that much of a downer. I want his goodness to inspire me.
Yeah, Superman can killing a powerless person is the worst.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman