View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #105
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
It's not inaccurate besides the fact I got the Peggy/Sharon family tree a generation out, the rest was an admittedly flippant but accurate take on the fact that them having any kind of romantic relationship is creepy.

Where has the reverse of that relationship dynamic been done in a big action movie or TV show? The male is almost always the lead and the one who is reckless or has a darker side, it's certainly never been done in anything as remotely prominent as this film will be and is not a very common theme for a female character.

I don't see how anything is sexist in any statement I made, I just think the idea of the cold and brooding Natasha falling for and finding self-forgiveness in the film with the uber good guy Cap an interesting relationship I'd like to see.
Please explain how a Steve-Sharon relationship is "creepy." Keeping in mind that the full extent of Steve's "relationship" with Peggy was a short kiss they shared *once.*

And the idea of Sharon taking the lead in a relationship with Steve instead of vice versa is very 21st century and empowering, and creates some obvious awkwardness for old-fashioned Steve that audiences would love and find endearing.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014