View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #94
Panther X
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Do you guys think MOS will pressure Whedon to try to outdo the action scenes from that Superman movie? Considering the budget of MOS, I don't think it would be feasible for TA2 to try to surpass it. It is best for Whedon to keep doing what he's been doing but expand upon the concepts from the first movie.
MoS was many things, and if anything made clear what Whedon had said since talks on Avengers 2 had started: Bigger does not always equal better. In terms of the Avengers sequel, it's not about including more explosions or making the action sequences last longer for the sake of it.

I can only speak for myself, but MoS, whilst it had its moments, I couldn't help but feel exhausted by the end because there was that much action. It didn't feel special anymore and I was just waiting for it to end.

So I think the worst thing Whedon could do is follow that template and just have constant action with little to no downtime. It's during the downtime when we see that character interaction and story unfold.