View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #117
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Well, first of all, we don't exactly know what Peggy and Sharon's relationship to each other will be, as EVC hasn't been confirmed to be Sharon even, just Agent 13. It's highly likely that she will be Sharon, sure, but it's not confirmed yet. I think a lot of the diagreements here are based on the ever evolving Sharon/Peggy family relationship in the comics. It's changed a ton over the years, to make it work with the historical timeline of the Cap comic books, and, I guess it also works to make the creepy overtones less creepy.

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see Agent 13 and Steve's relationship really develop more in the third movie. They may bond here, maybe kiss. At least that's what I hope happens in TWS if Marvel Studios insist on keeping the Sharon/Steve romance in the movies.

I really kind of wish that they didn't even have a romance in this movie. Avengers didn't need it, and that movie kicked major ass with the female audience. Honestly, you want to get women to this movie? All we want is a little male eye candy, a good story, good character development and to watch the female actresses kick a lot of butt.

Plus, Steve's got a lot on his plate with Bucky. For me, that should be the epic "(b)romance" at the heart of the movie.

ETA: I do agree with the others that what Steve and Peggy had in TFA was way, way more than a mere "crush". Circumstances seemed to work more to keep them from moving further than they did, also Steve's awkwardness with women contributed, but outside of Tony/Pep, Steve/Peggy had probably the deepest connection between any Marvel couples.

(Well... not counting Bruce/Betty I guess)

Last edited by Suzanne78; 06-16-2013 at 01:45 PM.