View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #342
FreeRadical
HAIL HYDRA!

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Just a quick question, isn't tho debate similar to the one people are still having over Batman "not saving" Ra's in Batman Begins?
Kind of, the problem with that it's like 'an eye for an eye' Ra's leaving Bruce to die in a fire, so Bruce leaves Ra's to die in the train.

Nolan's Batman is very grey e.g TDK 'no kill rule'. Joker wants Batman to unmask himself or he will keep killing, but Bruce refuses - but he could to it, but some people die. Batman in TDKR does kill (inadvertently) Taila and the truck driver, but with a nuke about to go off - he had no choice.

Superman snapping Zod's neck is reflected back to what Jonathan said to Clark, after the bus crash, maybe he should let the kids die. Jonathan could have been saved in the hurricane, but refused. Superman actually pleaded to Zod during the neckhold, but he had no choice (even though he could have covered his eyes?). He let out a scream of anguish at least. (Remember when Supes cooked Luthor in JLU on TV? He said he felt great afterwards)
I wonder if Jonathan was in the same situation as the family, would he tell Clark to let Zod burn him?
But I don't know how they will deal with the consequences (if they will) in the next film or when Superman fights a foe like Darkseid. Will he show mercy or not, especially if the villain pleads?
I remember the Daredevil film where Daredevil was just killing at the start, but there was a point where he was beating a thief up, I think the thief's son pleaded with Daredevil to stop and Daredevil felt guity, saying he's not 'the bad guy'. During the battle with Kingpin
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kingpin is defeated, and wants Daredevil to finish him, but he doesn't and walks off

I'll be happy if they show this version of Superman feeling conflicted in the future, especially against an adversary that has committed an atrocity (and being beating half to death by Supes). What if they do it again? Should he snap thier neck's as well or throw them in prison?