View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #795
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I can see the point Adamantium Man was making, but you're absolutely right. The only price Iron Man 3 has paid is being subjected to relentless attacks from a minority of fans online. The vast majority of people whom saw it loved it, going by its audience score on RT/Flixter as well as its box office gross. For a time folks in these parts were eager to point to IM3's 78% RT critics' score as some sort of proof of its supposed low quality and poor WOM, but I think recent events have put paid to that line of attack.
That's what I meant, yeah.

And I don't get the point about the villains not being dangerous. Xeno said it. Just because Trevor wasn't dangerous doesn't mean that the Mandarin wasn't, or the Extremis soldiers.

This 'enemies not being dangerous' thing proves my point. IM3 is paying a price. Not in box office gross, obviously, but some of Black's intentions clearly didn't pay off with some. (Or maybe it's too much to ask of some fans to accept that the third act of a SH movie isn't precisely the expected hero-villain one-on-one.)