View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #12
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: The MOS 2 release date thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Screw competition, I'm hoping for a 2015 release for MoS 2. Snyder even said it himself, that there isn't enough time to wait going forward with a sequel. What about a december 2015 release?
That's possible, provided that Avatar 2 will likely need two years of post-production time alone (if they do start shooting early next year). But I wouldn't count against WB doing a third Sherlock Holmes for Dec '15 instead. I honestly don't see the problem with a June or July 2015 date for MOS 2 though. Superman as a viable franchise has been restored... I think it'll do fine sandwiched in between.

But you look at a film like The Hunger Games... it made an insane amount of money in the spring time (March 23). $152M opening weekend, and a $408M domestic cume. You'd expect that from a second film in an established franchise in the summertime, not the first entry in springtime.

I don't know if Snyder has the pull now to make MOS 2 a spring '15 release like his previous pre-MOS films were, but if he does... wouldn't surprise me in the least.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote