View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #102
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post
MoS was many things, and if anything made clear what Whedon had said since talks on Avengers 2 had started: Bigger does not always equal better. In terms of the Avengers sequel, it's not about including more explosions or making the action sequences last longer for the sake of it.

I can only speak for myself, but MoS, whilst it had its moments, I couldn't help but feel exhausted by the end because there was that much action. It didn't feel special anymore and I was just waiting for it to end.

So I think the worst thing Whedon could do is follow that template and just have constant action with little to no downtime. It's during the downtime when we see that character interaction and story unfold.
If there's one thing that I learned from Avengers and Man of Steel, it's that Joss Whedon is a fantastic writer and David Goyer is a really crappy writer.

What was so stupid about Man of Steel was that it's like Superman went out of his way to destroy parts of Metropolis. Joss was smart enough to cut in scenes of Captain America working with the police to protect innocent people, and Cap going in to rescue civilians that were trapped in that bank. Superman just found the next building he wanted to throw Zod in. Then when he's standing in the middle of ground zero, he figures it would be a good time to makeout with Lois.

Just let a few weeks pass, and we'll be talking about how bad this movie is.