View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
Afrokin
Banned User

Default Re: They should have let Snyder be Snyder...or they should have just hired Michael Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
Snyder did what a good filmmaker is supposed to do: adapt your style and approach based on what the material demands. I was expecting lots of slo-mo and speed ramping, especially considering how fast a Kryptonian can move, and it was so refreshing not to get that. It was the right way to shoot it. It gave it the feel of something that could actually be happening in front of a camera in addition to just being completely badass.
yea, but we got ****** cgi in place so no. If they wanted the "this could really happen" feel, they should have given us a moovie with the Chronicle or District 9 look that looks ultra realistic for sci fi. It ended up still looking like a "block buster movie" if you know what I mean. I would have loved to see some of the flight in beautiful slow mo with water or debris splashing of his face. Slow mo in an epic battle can really add depth to the feel. Legend of the Guardians had some of the most amazing sequnces of animated battle ever because it had that Snyder stamp. If you don't like an artist, don't make him adapt to what you like, rather you find an artist you do like and move on. I personally LOVE the graceful beauty of Snyder movies, but feel I got more Mike Bay from this movie that Zack Snyder.

felt generic and uncreative at many turns.

Afrokin is offline   Reply With Quote