View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #58
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Default Re: Smallville's influence in the comics, other DC media

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I saw Man of Steel earlier this afternoon by myself, and then again a few hours ago with some friends, and here are some of the similarities and possible references to Smallville that I noticed. SPOILERS!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

• When Clark is pulled out of his car and harassed by some boys, you can see a sign in the background of the auto shop that says "Sullivan's," which could be a reference to Chloe's family.
  • In the same scene, some of the boys are wearing a similar styled Smallville High letterman jacket like the Smallville crows had.
  • Pete's mother mentions a "Fordman" kid, which could refer to Whitney.
  • Lois meets Clark before he becomes Superman, and even after this, she tries to protect his true identity.
  • Clark does not know how to fly and does not attempt to until he wears the costume. He also cannot get the hang of flying right away.
  • Jonathan dies in an attempt to prevent Clark from revealing his secret.
  • Clark does not wear glasses at all as a child. He does not start until he joins the Daily Planet.
  • The younger versions of Clark bare a strong similarity to how Tom Welling looked as a young Clark Kent.
  • Jonathan reveals the truth to Clark about his true heritage.

I'm sure there's more that my lack of sleep won't allow me to remember right now. And I know some of these things were done in the comics first, but its just interesting to see how much they incorporated from the show, especially things that people seemed so outraged bout and unwilling to accept in the past.
Good sticks. Noticed most oh those as well.