View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #797
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Iron Man 3's villains were legitimately dangerous. Maybe you missed the part where they were shredding Tony's armor like tin foil, bringing down Air Force One, tossing armored heroes around like toys and spontaneously exploding like human time bombs?

I see the reverse of this point being brought up as a con towards the film, in that his armors were too easily destroyed, but I look at it as you have described. The enemies in this film were extremely dangerous. The stakes have been raised, just as they were in the Ellis/Granov Extremis arc. To me, this is not only very important to Tony's evolution, but it also holds relevance to the MCU as a whole, highlighting Nick Fury's line in the Avengers - "The world is filling up with people who can't be matched"

What I do hope is that the filmmakers don't forget about this fact and relegate Tony's next armor to being a mostly cosmetic upgrade as they typically have been thus far. The ending of the film will complicate this even further, because I'm seriously wondering how they plan to address getting him back into the armor in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I can see the point Adamantium Man was making, but you're absolutely right. The only price Iron Man 3 has paid is being subjected to relentless attacks from a minority of fans online. The vast majority of people whom saw it loved it, going by its audience score on RT/Flixter as well as its box office gross. For a time folks in these parts were eager to point to IM3's 78% RT critics' score as some sort of proof of its supposed low quality and poor WOM, but I think recent events have put paid to that line of attack.
Haven't you heard? The critics are wrong now. They have no more credibility. Oh but Iron Man 3 still sucks