View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #840
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
My state (Florida) is missing out on a HUGE opportunity in legalizing cannabis (I refuse to refer to it as "marijuana"--that word is derogatory yellow-journalism slander that is simply unacceptable). We have ENORMOUS swaths of unused agricultural land that was once used for oranges, but now are used for what? Exactly.

The combination of Florida's (especially South Florida's) weather and soil, not to mention the droves of "lawn care providers" who could profit from being legitimately employed and paid for their work could lead to an agricultural, industrial boom for the state. And NOT just in regards to cannabis but industrial hemp as well.
Just reading about the "bong bill" down there. What a cluster**** that appears to be.

Quote:
Darryl Rouson (D-St. Petersburg) the sponsor of the ‘bong ban’ bill hopes that this bill will make people drive to other states if they intend to buy the apparatuses for illegal drugs.

“If we can make people drive to Georgia and Alabama and South Carolina to get fireworks, they can drive to get these utensils of death,” Rouson told the Broward New Times.
"utensils of death" lol Holy ****.

Still judging from that article most places can stay open by offering pipes "for tobacco smoking", which is what head shops in Asheville, NC already did when I lived there six years ago.

And I agree about agriculture, particularly hemp. Kentucky looks to be the frontrunner there.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 06-18-2013 at 09:36 PM.