View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #952
Heretic
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

No.
It means he's supposed to inspire people. You have a specific requirement for inspiration it seems. And if that was met, there would be another Heretic out there that might say they aren't inspired enough. Just like I'm saying I personally am inspired by what I saw.

If your war is that of inspiration,
Why should we pick your measure over anyone else? Is it only your superman that can inspire?
Using superior strength to kill a weaker opponent should not be something that ANYONE finds inspiring...unless you're an MMA fighter training hard to kick someone else's butt. What about people who AREN'T the stronger opponent?

Clark didn't rise to any challenge. He was the strongest person in the universe, and then used that advantage to win. He didn't outsmart the smarter man, he didn't out-strategize the better strategist. He didn't find victory in defeat (he killed a man he had down and in a headlock). He didn't find victory in a no-win situation. He did not have a strict moral code and then stick to it despite everything ad STILL win. He was the strongest guy in the room...and he killed his opponent with neck-breaking strength.

I just don't see what is so inspiring about that.