View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #1000
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
I agree with you , Just some people think its weird superman has a no kill code.
Well he does have a code against killing but there's a few things to remember in this film he's not the established Superman yet its possible killing Zod is what makes him really decide he won't kill again but in the comics most notably from the Byrne run he has killed several times when he's had to. The best I can think of is Doomsday when he didn't have a choice like in Man of Steel. But he did kill the pocket dimension versions of Zod, Zaora (yep that's how they spelt her name) and Jax Ur. But they had just destroyed an entire world and were threatening to do the same with his world. Now that one was contreversial because it was an execution BUT they dealt with it following it and that's when Superman made the code against killing.

As for pre Byrne I'm pretty sure he used to just throw criminals off buildings etc and punch them into oblivion but it was the comics code authority which brought in the no killing aspect.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME