View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #143
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

For those of you who want to see Doomsday, what are your thoughts on adapting the whole "Death and Return" storyline including Steel, Superboy, the Eradicator and Cyborg Superman?

I think that would be awesome to see in a live action film, but frankly can't see it happening for another generation. And really, if they use Doomsday they need to go all the way; otherwise I'm not that interested.

A movie depicting the death of Superman is a bit predictable because we all know he's going to come back (unless they want to pull another TDKR, which I don't think Warner Bros. wants to now that they've seen how that limits sequel possibilities). But what's the point of using Doomsday if he's not going to kill Superman? That's his whole shtick.

Brainiac is a must for MOS 2 because they've been trying to get him on the silver screen for years and as one of Superman's greatest enemies, he's long overdue. However, they also need to incorporate Lex Luthor because he is Superman's undisputed arch-nemesis, and in my mind as crucial to the character as Lois Lane.

These two are the must-haves. Anything else is icing on the cake, but only if they're not going to overburden the film with villains, and I feel there's not enough room to throw in Metallo or somebody without doing just that.

Given Luthor, Brainiac, dealing with the aftermath of the first film's events, the developing romance between Clark and Lois, and the exploration of "Metropolis Clark" and his work at the Daily Planet, that would be more than enough story material for one movie.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote