View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #217
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I don't think it would be creepy at all for Steve to have an old timey innocent slow dance with old peggy. In fact I could picture some people in the audience tearing up a bit. it's not romancing her...it's closure.
It's also confusion, for both Steve *and* Peggy.
Look, Peggy Carter is extremely likely to have moved on with her life after Steve "died." Probably got happily married, raised a family, had a great career, lived a full life. Yes, she'd have great memories of the legendary Cap, but seeing him alive again after 70 years and knowing that he didn't really die....? Why the hell would she even want to see him again? Their lives, for better or worse, took two entirely separate paths in 1945, and trying to force those paths back together again in 2014 for the sake of a maudlin moment is unfair to both characters.

I think the whole scenario is better served with Steve visiting Peggy's gravesite, and having her pass away peacefully without ever knowing the truth about him. I'd be willing to bet that they're filming both scenarios as an option, and I'm also willing to bet that they'll see that the gravesite visit will work far better than an awkward reunion with a 100-year old woman who had Cap in her life for only a couple of years in her storied century of living.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014