View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #980
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Gordon is the genius who sends every cop in the city into the sewers to be trapped. If it wasn't for that incredibly illogical idea, Bane's plan would have failed before it started.
Just the second Commissioner in the trilogy to send the entire police force into one area without knowing what's really going to happen. Sure, it's a very irrational decision to make, but one that I feel Gordon thought was best since he knew Batman was gone again and it was his job to take down Bane.

But, it also doesn't mean it would have ruined Bane's plan at all. The GCPD could have still be gone through by Bane's men now that they have Batman's armory.

Quote:
Blake's kicking ass all over the place: confronting Bruce, saving Gordon, figuring out Bane's plot, capturing Catwoman. He's consistantly shown to be a step ahead, especially compared to the rest of the police force, cemented by the end when he becomes so frustrated by them that he quits. Dude is a boss.

(I love that even when I'm complimenting TDKR, we still find an excuse to argue.)
I'm not saying he isn't great, just not the most likable character of the flick, lol. But, the things you mentioned...Blake should be doing all of that if he's meant to become the next Batman. It's a brilliant move that Nolan made Blake a great damn detective as that's a characteristic of Batman that wasn't shown THAT much with Bruce's Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
To be honest, I don't really remember Gordon doing much in the movie, other than going into the sewers, being in the hospital, and trying to find the bomb at the end.
So you remember all he did in the film? Lol.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-20-2013 at 07:16 PM.