View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #120
Cosmic
Theosophist

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

I love the first movie. As someone said, it was "lightning in a bottle." It was the impetus for a slew of blockbuster superhero films. They got the armored suits right. They actually did it, and made it work perfectly. Downey was perfect. They respected the comics 100%. This is something that could've gone so horribly wrong, but they nailed it. It's not a great film, but it does what it's supposed to do. It just flows so smoothly from scene to scene. I never get tired of watching it.

I only saw the second movie once. I liked it, aside from a few small complaints. It was a fun, entertaining Iron Man film. The racetrack scene alone was worth the price of admission, for me. I'd recommend it to friends. If I saw it in a bargain bin at the store, I'd pick it up.

Iron Man 3 pissed me off so much. It felt like a betrayal. I posted my review in the designated thread, but honestly, I held back a little. I thought this could've been the best superhero film to date, but it just didn't work for me. There was a huge amount of action, great special effects, constant humor, and it was very fast-paced. These are some of the main reasons why so many people liked it. To each his own, but I really hated it. I saw it with a group of nine people on opening weekend, and fans and non-fans alike seemed to agree that there were a lot of problems with the film. I feel that it's incredibly overrated, but it's slightly encouraging to see so many people on these boards who are calling it for what it really is, and pointing out the flaws.

Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote