View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #257
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

I... Huh?

How in the world does Peggy and Steve seeing each other again after 70 years hurt CA:TWS?

The entire theme of the movie is Cap being revisited by the ghosts of his past, struggling to cope with waking up 70 years in the future and still dealing with people and things he thought were long since gone.

Peggy was one of the most important people to him just before he froze. She provides a direct connection to his past as well as (potentially) his future, being a relation to Sharon. Haley Atwell is also well loved by a majority of the Captain America/MCU fanbase. She has a short film, will be in flashbacks, and now this brief, sure to be touching scene in the present day.

Giving her a moment with Steve like this only ups the poignancy of his loss. It's the flip side of the Winter Soldier. If done right, Peggy's appearance should help anchor the film's heart.

I really cannot see the downside of her inclusion in the movie.