View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #255
elgaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Superman's power level - Part 1

After all the speculation in this thread, I was pretty happy with what we got. Superman was powerful enough to be impressive, but not so powerful that he was unbeatable or nothing seemed like a challenge to him.

They showed a good range of his powers - strength, speed, flight, heat vision, invulnerability, X-Ray vision, and so on. I was particularly happy with how they handled heat vision and the effects in doing so. Strong enough to melt part of a steel girder being swung by Zod, but also focused enough to cauterize the wound Lois sustained in the ship when she's following Clark.

I also like Jor-El's speech to him about being 'more powerful' than he could have imagined, and about 'testing his limits'. That suggests that we may not yet have seen just what the MOS version of Superman is capable of - he may not even know his own limits when it comes to strength/speed/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I was totally satisfied with Superman's power level in the film. What's cool is that he's still learning about his abilities and developing them. In the next film, he'll likely discover super breath, and maybe microscopic vision, or infrared. The more he's on Earth and under the yellow sun and the planet's environment, the stronger he'll become. In most sequels, the hero gets a new suit. Superman? He'll get a new power.
Did we get microscopic vision in MOS when Superman is standing with Martha at the farmhouse and you see him kinda zooming in on the ship in the sky? Or would that be classed as telescopic vision?

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote