View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #279
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think the bolded part of that is where you start to miss the point of the Cap/Peggy reunion. He's not going there to see if there's still a spark. Like Suzanne said, it would be more weird if he DIDN'T go see her, considering their history. And the argument that he'd only be making her feel guilty doesn't hold water. If she feels guilty for some reason, isn't it better to go talk to her face-to-face and relieve her of her guilt? To let her die thinking she did something wrong is way more cruel and sadistic than what you're making Steve's visit out to be.
Right!

Think about it; would you have the same reaction if Cap was going to visit James Falsworth, Jacques Dernier, Jim Morita, Gabe Jones, or Dum Dum?

It's not going to be rekindling some spark, or romance. It's closure for both characters. Perhaps even a way to keep Peggy through any more Cap movies, by being Cap's confidant in the modern day setting.

If, if they dance, too, I'm not talking about a romantic moment for either characters. I'm envisioning something like Cap and Peggy each keeping their promise to the other, to finally have one last dance before Peggy departs the mortal coil. It's still a way for them to have closure on what they were to each other. For Steve, the pain of losing Peggy is still acute, if that deleted scene is anything to go by. For Peggy, possibly seeing the Chitauri attack in NY opens all the old wounds for Cap and she feels guilt for leaving him in the ice so long ago, for giving up the search for his body, and for not knowing what could've been.

I'm not advocating any romance for them. Although now that I see all the commotion the possibility is causing for some, I'd say go for it Cap! Hee!