View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #284
Wade Garrett
Tails again!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

It kinda makes me recall the last scene in Titanic. Where they pan across Rose's photos and you see that she went on to live a full life and do exciting things without Jack, but then in her (dream or heaven whichever) Her thoughts clearly go back to Jack.

Agent Carter will have clearly went on to live her life, just as the howling commandoes and Howard Stark. But I'm sure from time to time she thought of Steve. Obviously when they meet both of them are going to know they can't have a relationship again, that would be silly to even think that. But Peggy was always his reassurance in the 1940's that we was a hero. She was the one that pushed ( her pep talk after Erskine dies, Her rally just before he sets out to find Bucky, and then again regarding Bucky's death).. I think it would be nice to have a scene where a distraught Steve after facing the events of Winter Soldier, and seeing the obvious corruption of the modern day asks Peggy, "How do I live in this world?" She smiles, brushes his hair slightly and says " By staying who you are, not the perfect soldier, but a good man". This isn't a romantic scene, this is a bittersweet scene. It continues the tragedy that was TFA, thats what Steve's story is a tragedy, just like Banner's there is no happy ending for him. He can't just blow up his suits and have a merry christmas with the love of his life. His girl has moved on without him, his best friend has moved on without him(in a bad way), and the world itself has moved on without him. But through it all he pushes forward, as a good man.