View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #844
DarkSentinel
Egregious Bastard

Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Just reading about the "bong bill" down there. What a cluster**** that appears to be.

"utensils of death" lol Holy ****.

Still judging from that article most places can stay open by offering pipes "for tobacco smoking", which is what head shops in Asheville, NC already did when I lived there six years ago.

And I agree about agriculture, particularly hemp. Kentucky looks to be the frontrunner there.
And this is why Florida is the DUMBEST state in the country

Seriously, our drivers are ****ing stupid, our politicians are ****ing stupid, the only thing people care about down here are the Heat and the Dolphins, because both are excuses to drink.

I hate alcohol. HATE it. If it were possible, I'd prefer alcohol be illegal and cannabis be legal. But that'll never happen

I'm just hoping people eventually see that there is both an economic and social benefit to legalization. I even took the liberty of "reformatting" I-502 into the Florida Responsible Introduction of Cannabis & Hemp (FL-RICH ) Act. Just need to find the right people to submit it to and get signatures for introduction to the House.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
PREAMBLE

BE IT KNOWN that this Act does not call for disorder; rather, it calls for the State of Florida to declare to the Federal Government of the United States of America that the Scheduling of Marijuana within the provisions of the Federal Controlled Substances Act, 1970, PubL. 91-513, 84 Stat. 1242 was a severe error in judgment, and that the subsequent and so-called “War on Drugs” has failed in regards to marijuana. Be it known also that this Act, its framers, authors or amenders, do not condone, promote or validate the legalization of any “hard drug” as classified by the Federal Controlled Substances Act outside of marijuana, many of which ARE in fact dangerous and harmful to human health. We the framers, authors and amenders of this Act instead recognize the individual freedom of every adult to make their own informed decisions and to accept the consequences or benefits thereof. Moreover, we seek to right the wrongs committed and begun by the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937, and to bring control of a medically beneficial, environmentally friendly, and economically stimulating resource to a place where it can be regulated, controlled, and most importantly kept safe from our children and young people. We believe that, under the provisions of this Act, the RESPONSIBLE USE of marijuana by of-age persons will improve our society in that the consumption of a naturally occurring plant is NOT a crime but a luxury and a gift; and like any luxury or gift, the State has the right and opportunity to benefit from it for the good of the people. The State of Florida might be a conservative state, but we do not seek to overturn its government or depose its elected leaders; rather, we seek to show them that by trusting its people it need not be afraid of reform or change, the authority of which is given to them under the rights of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America, both of which were written on HEMP PAPER. We can save the world.

HE WALKS AGAIN!!!
Thanks to Kane52630
*T. H. E. M.*

Last edited by DarkSentinel; 06-21-2013 at 11:59 PM.