View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #21
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Default Re: Was concerned about the film

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
With some big films, "re-shoots" or "pick-ups" are actually scheduled as a normal part of production.

No matter the script, often when they are cutting the film together they find things that aren't working or things that need something extra, or think a new scene or alternate scene would work better. Lesser films just work with what they have. Some of the better planned ones schedule in time to do these "pick-ups" a few months after principle photography has wrapped.

This was common practice on The Lord of the Rings films, for example.

Of course, the problems during the production of World War Z was a different type of thing.
Yes indeed. Smart planning is to book time for reshoots/pick ups far in advance so your cast and crew will be available if you need them.

In this case since Alexander injured herself she missed over a month of shooting IIRC. And since she's the one who tweeted about hitting the gym to prep for reshoots, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote