View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #138
narrows101
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

A premiere in Australia for a good cause - FYI, Fay Duncan is Hugh's mother-in-law.

Quote:
Fight Cancer Foundation to benefit from The Wolverine film launch in Hawthorn East on July 24

HUGH Jackman has thrown his bulging biceps and ripped abs into the fight against cancer.

The Fight Cancer Foundation will receive all proceeds from the Australian premier of Jackmanís new movie, The Wolverine, which will launch at the Rivoli Theatre.

Foundation president Fay Duncan made the announcement at Bistro Thierry in Toorak earlier today, confirming the premier would be held simultaneously in Melbourne and Sydney on July 24, before opening to the public the next day.

Mrs Duncan said they were "delighted" to have the opportunity to host the superhero film.

"The Wolverine movies are blockbusters and hugely anticipated around the world," Mrs Duncan said.

"Fight Cancer Foundation is honoured to be given the Australian premiere."

Ms Duncan made the announcement at a thank-you luncheon for Bistro Thierry restaurateur Thierry Cornevin.

Mr Cornevin was recognised for his support of the foundation, raising more than $180,000 in the past five years.

Mr Cornevin created DÓner Rouge, which included staging special degustation dinners. He donated all proceeds to the foundation.

"I understand that cancer touches us all at some time in our lives and that up to 40,000 Australians die each year from cancer," Mr Cornevin said.

"I have committed to supporting the Fight Cancer Foundation and I am thrilled the dinners have become sell-out successes and we have provided such substantial support."

The Melbourne premiere will be at Rivoli Cinema, Camberwell Rd Hawthorn East, on Wednesday, July 24.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/c...-1226670211127