View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: The Glasses Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
[*]Okay, so Superman makes out with Lois in front of Perry, Jenny and Steve Lombard. Cool.
I don't feel like they were close enough to have seen his face well enough to recognize him as Clark easily.

Quote:
[*]Clark then puts on some glasses and walks into the Daily Planet. Hmm... this could be a problem. [*]Lois then starts making googly eyes, signifying that she and Clark will have some sort of workplace relationship that will eventually get people to wonder what Superman thinks about this... waitaminute.
That's only a problem if Lois and Superman have a public romantic relationship. Kissing a guy in the heat of the moment in the middle of a life thretaening situation makes for a good story, but no one will assume that you're in a relationship just based off of that.

Quote:
[*]What happens when Superman gets an up close and personal in an interview or a photograph?
Simply have that never happen.

Quote:
B) The may think he's just a guy that looks like Superman. One time, this famous person lost a lookalike contest after all. Unless there's someone else around the Daily Planet that looks more like Superman than Clark Kent, this doesn't help.
How does it not help? If they only think he vaguely looks like Superman, that's helpful. Especially if they go with the notion that no one he comes in regular casual contact with besides Lois has gotten a very good look at his face.

Quote:
Here's what Goyer himself had to say at Bleeding Cool
I think Goyer's over thinking it. There's a level at which people won't think much about it if you don't draw too much attention to it. Explaining it just makes people think about it. Writing your story in such a way where they don't think about it is better.

I'm not saying Perry couldn't figure it out. I think that it would be pretty cool, actually. But I don't think it will be the biggest lapse in movie logic ever if they never go there. As long as they don't outright say that Perry got a perfect look at Clark's face during the Zod thing, I doubt most audiences will even think much about it.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote