View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #23
Blade X
Side-Kick

Default Re: Iron Man: The Animated Series (201?) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Curry View Post
THANK YOU IRON ZEALOT! I wish more people, young and old would take the time and sit down watch this entire 13 episode 2nd season of IRON MAN (and FANTASTIC FOUR's 2nd season) from beginning to end. It is THE pinnacle of 90's perfection of how a comic property animated series should be handled.

The gravitas, the voice casting, the tone, the animation, the Marvel Universe inclusion, the adherence to weave source material from current and classic comics was impeccable. I STILL haven't seen an IRON MAN animation adaptation come close since. SOME might even consider it (both seasons) the first actual Avengers animated series!? Because it was essentially the West Coast Avengers/Force Works concept where IM was a lil more lone wolf in the uber-enhanced and retooled season 2. The lineup was;

Iron Man
War Machine
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Century
Scarlet Witch

My ONLY quibble at the time I remember was that due to some bizarro rights issues they had to substitute Hawkeye for Captain America in S2 in the eps "Armor Wars" in the vault, and "Iron Man On The Inside" when he shrinks down to enter Cap's body and treat Steve's eroding and toxic SSS in the comics. I REALLY wanted to see Cap return in animation because he hadn't been seen since the Spidey-Friends at the time.

The Mandarin's perfect portrayal on that show is the Mandarin that's always my ideal Mandarin forever seared into my brain. And one of the key reasons I really disliked the IM3 film utter irresponsible butchering of the character.
Quoted for both the truth and because I agree with every single thing that you said.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote