View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #147
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think The Wolverine could be the best 2013 superhero film?

Yeah I wasn't impressed MOS at all. I really enjoyed Iron Man 3, but I think either The Wolverine or Thor 2 have a decent shot at topping it.

James Mangold is one of the most underrated directors in the biz and the 'floor' for this movie is pretty high. Even if its not all that great, at worst it'll be better than XMTLS and XMOW and a fun juxtaposition between the superhero and samurai genres. People are going to have low expectations going into this, and will walk out surprised at the cerebral storytelling and personal take on the character. I think this will be in the mid 70's to early 80's on Rotten Tomatoes, so about the same as IM3.

With that said, I think Thor 2 will go down as the consensus 'best' CBM of the year. I think the scope of the movie is going to blow away some of the GA who might be expecting a more low-key Thor movie like the first one. People are really getting into Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, I think they'll dig Thor 2. Kick-Ass 2 looks like a fun, albeit disposable movie. I could be wrong, but I don't think it'll match up well with IM3, Wolvie, and Thor 2, especially critically

Predictions for 'the general consensus' list of best CBM's:

1. Thor: The Dark World
2a. Iron Man 3
2b. Wolverine
3. Kick-Ass 2
4. Man of Steel

Last edited by Hammer!; 06-28-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote