06-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: My G.I Joe Retaliation review
(here's my own review on GI Joe Retaliation- enjoy
* GI Joe Retaliation “comes out with a good start in action and it picks off from the first film with the US president being compromised by an imposter en route to manipulating the GI Joes while bringing in Cobra to overtake the White House and bring the rest of the world to fear. It sounds and looked campy corny in some aspects but it’s still fun.
* My absolute most favorite part that I did enjoy and probably stood more than any in the film was Snake Eyes & Jinx vs. Storm Shadow, action scenes which featured impressive CGI effects martial arts-ninja action in an high mountain cliff atmosphere. I thought that was easily the high point of the entire film.
* They put Bruce Willis in the film, but he has such a very limited character role as General as the “original Joe” that it would not have made a difference if they did not use him at all. They simply used his face and name to gain more appeal to the film. The only delight was the surprise places where he stored weaponry.
· I know ex Wu Tang Gang rapper RZA is infatuated with martial arts film and noted for them, and normally in a popcorn flick I don’t expect much acting, but as an actor RZA is just terrible! Stiff, flat and never close to being believable as a blind master. I knew from seeing him in "Man with Iron Fists" that I expected more of the same mediocrity.
And just like the previous film, he was just as jokeable horrible as an actor. I doubt even adding his face and name brought any appeal to the film at all. I didn’t come even close to taking him serious.
* Oddly there’s no mention of other GI Joes from the first film, (Scarlett, General Hawk and Ripcord) but I figured it must be a budget issue and they wanted to re-direct from paying t and I was surprised with Duke( played by (Channing O’ Tatum) and I couldn’t get into “ Flint” but was intrigued with “ Lady Jaye” The battle with Rock vs. Fire Fly –by the way I liked Firefly’s weaponry, motor ride and gadgets.
I got far more satisfaction out of Firefly than I did Cobra Commander. (the main villain and leader) Speaking of the Rock, I thought it was a great idea to cast him in the film, his action- demeanor, physique, and machismo charisma immediately adds splash to the film more than anyone else.
* It’s loaded with exciting action-sequences from hand to hand combat, gunfire fight, and impressive CGI special effects. and a plot script from beginning to end- though not enough put together to make it a classic action flick, but it can easily be enjoyable entertaining to definitely enjoy as a very fun popcorn flick.
I’d have to say this sequel was more fun and enjoyable than even the first GI Joe film.
* On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it 7.0
Last edited by halo10; 06-30-2013 at 06:46 PM.