View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #43
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I actually consider myself a bit of a "purist" when it comes to my iconic superhero adaptations. But as I have gotten older, maybe wiser, I have been more open to both visual and story driven changes to these long lived franchise characters. I don't have a list for Luthor right now, but if Chiwetel were cast I would not have a problem with it. I would just hope his American accent was up to snuff. Of course that would be my only reservation if D. Craig were cast as well.
That's fine. But Batman is white, Superman is white, Joker is white (heh), Luthor is white, etc....if I'm making a movie about something I want to stay as close to whatever it is I'm making as possible and not "reinvent" the wheel with it. Why even bother making it then if you're going to change **** like that that doesn't need to be changed in the first place? It's not like it is a hard thing to do...just cast a white guy because the character is white. (goes for whatever race....I don't care how good the actor is if they look and seem like nothing like what they're supposed to be portraying, it's miscast)

PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote